Best Blogging Resources
Blogging resources include a variety of tools, platforms, and information that can help you create, manage, and optimize your blog.
Whether you’re just starting out or looking to improve an existing blog, you can take advantage of many free and paid blogging resources to help you succeed.
Here’s a list of some great blogging resources and links. We have used almost all these resources on our own sites.
And we recommend them because we find them to be user friendly and cost effective for new and amateur bloggers.
Keyword Research Tools
Keyword research tools are software applications that help content creators and marketers identify relevant and high-performing keywords.
These tools analyze search query data and provide insights into keyword popularity, competition level, search volume, and related terms.
- Google Keyword Planner: It is a free tool by Google that you can use to uncover valuable niche related insights.
- Answer the Public: A unique platform that lets you know what questions people asking. Use the data to create a niche blog that provides answers.
- Wordstream Keyword Tool: This Free Keyword Tool gives you hundreds of relevant keyword results. Just enter your keyword or URL in the search box.
- Google trends: Another free tool from google. This one gives a twelve month breakdown of trending web searches.
- KeywordTool.io: It is said the tool is the best alternative to Google Keyword Planner. You may use this tool absolutely free to do your keyword research.
Domain registrars offer a variety of domain names for registration. Many also offer web hosting, email hosting, and domain management. Here are a few of the most popular Domain Registrars in the industry:
Domain.Com: This Registrar has been around since 2000. You can register your domain by typing the name in the search box and checking to ensure that the name is available.
GoDaddy: This is one of the Registrars in the elite club of Domain Registrars. GoDaddy allows you to register your domain name for between 1 and 10 years.
Namecheap.Com: Namecheap is an ICANN-accredited Registrars that was founded in 2000. The Registrar claim they have 16 million domains registered to 2 million customers.
Name.Com: This Domain Registrar and web hosting company is a great one for helping both individuals and businesses establish a srong online presence using a unique domain.
NameSilo.Com: According the NameSilo, the company registers over 4 million active domains. This Registrar is known for its cost-effective and secure domain management.
Web Hosting Resources
- A2Hosting: Learn how to install, activate, configure, and optimize your blog with the platform’s extensive knowledge base
- Byethosting: This is a free web hosting platform. When you host your blog for free, your blog will live as a sub-domain on the platform. You can upgrade later.
- GreenGeeks: For all the environmentally conscious bloggers, this has been the industry’s leading eco-friendly green web hosting provider since 2008.
- Medium: Over 100 million people connect and share Medium every month. While some are professional writers, many are amateurs who just write.
- SiteGroud: This platform is built on top of Google Cloud infrastructure. This allows for multiple custom speed optimizations which boost performance.
Based on our own experience with SiteGround, we chose this platform as our best shared web hosting service.
Blog Security Resources
- Securi: The software protects against attacks and malware infection on your blog. It also identifies security vulnerabilities and offers fixes for them.
- Beagle security: This tool teaches bloggers how to test the sites for issues. It also shows them how to fix any problems they find.
- Cloudflare: Cloudflare offers a free version that is packed with features to protect your blog from security threats.
SEO Optimization Tools
- Screaming Frog: Paste your blog URL in the bar to run a sitewide audit of of to 500 URLs for free. The softeware will identify broken links, missing Heading tags and meta descriptions, as well as other issues.
- Bing Webmaster Tool: Bing Webmaster Tool is a Microsoft performance tool. The tool provides a lot of insight on how your blog is behaving in the eyes of Bing and other search engines.
- SEO Unlocked: Free SEO training created by renowned Digital Marketer-Neil Patel. This is an intense 6-week course for anyone who’s just starting out. You will learn the basic skills to help you optimize your blog for search engines.
This is a powerful premium WordPress performance plugin.
The user-friendly interface that allows you to toggle settings on and off.
Phenominal customer support by the product creaters includeindept articles and documents.
- Google Search Console: This is another of the free blogging resources offered by Google. First use you Google account to verify your domain. Then add your property to Search Console. Finally, customize the settings to get helpful perfomance insights.
- Optinmonster: One of the most popular lead conversion platforms in the industry. This premium software gives you the ability to place high-converting capture mechanisms on your site.
- Brevo: A leading Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool. Take advantage of the softwares email templates and drag and drop editor to easily design and cutomize email campaigns.
- GetResponse: Easy to use lead generation and email marketing platform. Great tools to help you turn blog visitors into loyal fans.
- Sumo: This is a widely used lead generation WordPress Plugin you can start using for free. Grow your email list with timed popups across your site. And quickly schedule one-off marketing emails or email drips.
- Mailer Lite: This CRM is similar to Brevo. They pride themselves on simplifying complicated marketing tasks.
- Free Trial
- User-friendly for Beginners
- Excellent Free Training
- Great Customer Service
- Compressor.io: This is a cloud based software let’s you compress your images before uploading them to your site. The free version supports JPEG, JPG and PNG images. You can convert your images to Webp format if you use the advanced version.
- Imagify: This image editor is WordPress plugin. You will need to create a free account and get an API key. Once you have your API key you can connect the Imagify software to your WordPress blog.
- Tiny Png: You can significantly reduce your image sizes before uploading them to your blog. Simply upload your image to the tool, choose your format you want and hit resize. Then download the resized image.
- Canva: This is one of the a must have blogging resources. Create, edit and post images using free Canva templates. Upgrade to the Pro version of Canva to unlock a whole different level of features.
- Smush: Smush is a free WordPress plugin. It will compress and resize your blog images without a visible drop in quality.
From then on you are able to get reports about your blog’s performance and insights on what improvements you can make to enhance its performance.
All-In One Blogging Resources
Fiverr: this is a marketplace where you can get all the blogging resources you need for hire. You can buy cost effective gigs on Fiverr for anything from building your blog to creating the content and optimizing your site.
How to Use Fiverr: Vist the platform and create a free account. Search for gig providers on the dashboard. Post your project requirements and wait for people to bid.
How to buy a gig on Fiverr: Thoroughly research freelancer before you accept a bid. Here are some things you should look for:
How To Buy A Feverr Gig
- Customer ratings
- Repeat customers
- Contact Information
- Social media profiles
- Willing to do revisions
- Timeline for delivery
Once you’ve found a freelancer you feel comfortable with, accept their bid. Now you pay Fiverr and wait for a freelancer to complete the job.
One advantage of using Fiverr is that you won’t pay for the project until you’re happy with it.
Keep in mind that the blogging resources we recommended offer either free versions or free trials. The free versions are often limited in what you can do with them. So you may need to upgrade to an advanced version as your blog grow.
Upgrading will allow you to unlock a lot more features. And usually if you take full advantage of these tools they will eventually pay for themslves if you recommend them on your blog.
This list is dynamic. So be among the first to get notified as soon as we discover more useful blogging resources and tools. Complete the form below to have notifications sent directly to your inbox.
Become a VIP Subscriber
Claim your welcome gift and sign up to get notified as soon as we find more useful resources!